Thursday, September 27, 2007

in search of faith/a swimmers toil



I swim my hardest, yet I still may drown
My kicking, searching feet still find no ground
My heart pounds, as these words in my ears:
'If you have searched well, then you will have found."

My body aches from striving all these years
My face is drenched in wretched, bitter tears
But in my heart that promise still remains:
Again, my body toils where my heart steers.

Death! I feel it! creeps within my veins
I feel it surge my heart with icy pains
What is my end? i do not understand!
I feel my hope of triumph was in vain...
...

Grabs my arm a warm and solid hand:
Pulls me, and my feet strike solid land:
Jagged disbelief now falls behind
As safe on Christ the solid rock i stand.

A soothing, calming strength now stays my mind
And heavenward my face, my heart inclined
I thank God that His promises are sound:
That when i seek, through Him, I'll surely find.

~dg


6 comments:

ragamuffin child said...

A good metaphor and a good sense of progression...but the Yoda-speak can be a little confusing. Are you taking creative writing?

dey said...

nope, dont have the time. i fixed the first verse, i had copied it wrong, since i only had the draft of this poem, i forgot what it was really supposed to say.

Petraglyph said...

Cool David! I really like it.
Have a happy Sabbath,
Petra

Barry Howe said...

A new blog, a great poem.

ragamuffin child said...

Well, I've been waiting for you to post something new, but I keep rereading your poem anyway...

Here's the question...do we have to work so hard to find faith? I find it hard work a lot of times, but in reality all we have to do is reach out our hands, like you said.

dey said...

faith is total surrender.